LATEST NEWS from ABROAD
Two teachers of our school, together with our headmaster prof. Coccia, have recently visited OAKLANDS SCHOOL in Waterlooville, Hampshire in the United Kingdom for the first meeting of the COMENIUS SCHOOL PARTNERSHIP to work on the:
COMENIUS PROJECT MULTILATERAL SCHOOL PARTNERSHIPS
A NEW OPPORTUNITY FOR OUR STUDENTS!
2013 - 2014
2014 - 2015
According to the European Commission, the National Agency and the Lifelong Learning Programme, IISS “ OSCAR ROMERO” has been chosen as one of the five partners taking part to the latest Comenius Project.
The other schools are located in:
The UK: “ OAKLANDS CATHOLIC SCHOOL “, Waterlooville, Hampshire
The Netherlands “ COMMANDERIJ COLLEGE ”, Noord-Brabant
Germany ” ENGELBERT- KAEMPFER- GYMNASIUM ”, Nordrhein-Westfalen
and Spain “ COLEGIO SAN ANTONIO MARIA CLARET “, Las Palmas de Gran Canaria
All the school partners, students and teachers, will communicate in English.
The Project title is “3Rs”- RIGHTS, RESPECT and RESPONSIBILITIES and it aims
- to make students aware of the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child so to help them become responsible global citizens in a democratic Europe,
- to make students find common values,
- to make friends in their own country and around Europe,
- to develop tolerance and cooperation between the European Nations,
- to promote the European knowledge of human rights in general.
ALL THE STUDENTS from 14 to 16 who are interested can take part, according to the effective possibilities and the approval of the teacher in charge of the project, prof. Anelli.
They will be involved in different activities:
1) research on the topic
2) school’s charity programs
3) promotion children’s rights
4) RRR website exchange of information and ideas
5) preparation of videos, billboards, calendars, booklets and leaflets.
The participation to the project will allow teachers and students to take part to the meetings, held abroad in each school partner, as the project states.